The Transport Coordinator will handle customer service and operations for all international air export freight activities in order to exceed customer service expectations while maintaining compliance with all export regulations. This is an onsite position : Frankfurt am Main – Airport – Germany
Key Accountabilities :
- Arranging collection and deliveries of freight for international air export moves.
- Taking operational, routing, & customer service responsibility for all files and shipments handled.
- Using preferred list of truckers and vendors to identify customer solutions based on rates and service.
- Acting liaison between shippers, consignees, and air carriers.
- Determining and recommending shipment costs and routing options to the customer for their selection.
- Completing quotes for to customers, sales personnel, and overseas stations/agents.
- Maintaining efficient processes associated with air freight shipments.
- Entering export shipment information into the system.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Completing AES filing for the shipment.
- Following all Hazardous, IATA, IACSSP, IMO, and FMC regulations.
- Ensuring agents shipments are completed promptly with daily update.
- Operating the routing and handling of files and shipments.
- Participating in client meetings alongside other members of the team.
- Responding to any customer questions concerning export milestones and details of the shipment.
- Remaining within company guidelines when addressing customer inquiries regarding shipments.
- Escalating uncommon, complex customer issues to the next level manager for resolution when necessary.
- Brainstorming possible solutions for customer issues with the team and department manager.
- Providing feedback on current practices and metrics to continuously streamline organizational processes.
- Processing the billing and invoicing for the shipment.
- Completing warehouse work, ranging from inventory checks, labeling freight, and cargo inspection to forklift operation, as assigned.
- Performing other related duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 2 yrs. industry experience and/or associates degree
- Microsoft Office skills; Outlook Exchange and other industry related software.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must ensure quality assurance checks are completed for every transaction.
- Project a positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- Be able to perform basic mathematical functions; numerical estimations; measurement and conversion calculations.
- Ability to read and interpret policies & procedures; packing slips, bill of lading; commercial invoices and other related documents.
- Must have organizational and analytical skills
- Be a problem-solver; decision maker and customer centric at all times.
- The ability to plan and prioritize workflow and make sound decisions to work with deadlines.
- Must have both oral and written communication skills as the job primarily involves liaising with clients, carriers, suppliers and other operational departments.
Language Skills :
- Fluent in French, both written and oral
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- German preferred but non required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management.
- Negotiable depending on the profile and degree / training / experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume online there